Special | Interest | Groups
Private Organizations Office
Lackland AFB, TX 78236
What is a Private Organization?
Private organizations are self-sustaining special interest groups, set up by people acting outside the scope of any official capacity as officers, employees or agents of the Federal Government. They operate on Air Force installations with written consent of the installation commander, when he/she determines it will have a positive impact on base quality of life.
Private organizations are not Federal entities and are not treated as such, they are not non-appropriated instrumentalities as defined in AFI34-201, Use of Non-appropriated Funds, nor are they entitled to the sovereign immunities and privileges given to NAFIs or the Air Force. Small unofficial activities (like coffee funds, flower funds, sunshine funds, etc.) are generally not considered private organizations and are the responsibility of each unit commander.
- AFI34-223 Private Orgs
- AFI36-3101 AF Fundraising
- 2019 PO Guide USAF Services
- JBSA PO Handbook 2021
- JBSA PO Tidbits CY19 CQ1
- JBSA PO Tidbits CY19 CQ2
- JBSA PO Tidbits CY19 CQ3
- JBSA PO Tidbits CY19 CQ4
- Quick Guide to FUBU Unofficial Activities
- Private Org Biennial Recertification Requirement (13 Dec 19)
- JBSA PO Request for Review or Re-authorization template v1.0 2021
- JBSA PO Bagging for Bucks FSH Request template
- JBSA PO Bagging for Bucks RND Request template
- JBSA PO Non-Monetary Charity Collection Drives
- Release of Contact Info
- Sample Request for Donations
- JBSA FUBU Authorization Sample v1.0 2021